Friday, September 24, 2010

A single delight




Stills from the film "A Single Man"
Have you seen designer Tom Ford's film "A Single Man"?? I'm a bit behind the times, but it has recently been released on DVD, which is how I managed to finally see it!!
This film is the most exquisite thing I have seen for some time. It is so perfect, in so many ways. Just look at the sets, and then there is the architecture, the costumes, the makeup (and hair) and the amazing old Mercedes that 'George' drives. We just about wet ourselves with excitement in the scene where Firth uses an appropriately aged vending machine for his morning coffee in the staff room!! Ahh what a job to be in charge of finding all that 'stuff'!!
And the soundtrack is just delicious and ethereal as well. Pop over to the official website gallery and have a listen.....and a look at more of these stills from the film. A masterpiece. Thank you Mr Ford, thank you. I have a new favourite movie in my top five.

3 comments:

  1. I See a lot of movies, and like most if them, but I LOVED this one. Totally agree - perfect in it's attention to detail, costumes and furniture to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd be with me on this one Tess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, thanks for the tip. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one at the local vid shop.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please say something noice!