Monday, August 23, 2010

New Recycled Wood Necklaces

I admit it, there's been quite a bit of timber featuring in my new creations of late. I think this piece has got to be my favourite so far.
I could class this as a collaborative design really, because the timber pieces I have used to create only six of these necklaces was randomly cut at all sorts of angles by my very own Dad.  I've carefully sanded them smooth, added quite a few coats of Scandinavian oil, and then some wax to finish.
The wood is suspended from a piece of handmade rope, this one (which I've been sporting for about a week now, so obviously I plan to keep it!) has a rope strand created from some red wool thread that I salvaged from a skip in St Kilda.
A couple of these are now selling over on my Blue Caravan shop for $59AU - one with coral and the other with magenta coloured rope.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks lovely!! Great to get some feedback...Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. Love that they are randomly cut too. x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please say something noice!