Monday, July 19, 2010

Nostalgia inspired

Hello, yes I'm back again. A little slow in bloggy land here.
I've just uploaded two necklaces to my Etsy shop, and I wanted to share them with you, because the materials are so rich with nostalgia for me that I've fallen in love with these two!
Did you ever use Cuisenaire rods at school to learn mathematics? I did, and I've been buying them madly for anyone's birthday ever since I found new sets for sale at Miriam Bereson's shop in Ripponlea.
I also found a bunch of gorgeous, well loved (and drawn on) rods at the op shop, sans boxes, and here's what I've created with them:



You like??

2 comments:

  1. Yes!! I also remember the plain wooden versions - there were 1's, sticks of 10, a flat 100 and the cubic 1000 block... thanks for the revamp down memory lane :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh we never had the 100 and 1000 blocks - how cool! I'd love to get me some of those babies!
    You're welcome....I think it may be a Queensland thing, you know!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please say something noice!