Friday, February 12, 2010

The latest stitch project

Yes the latest stitch project, and about all I've managed to work on at night this week, as the wee one dropped his day sleep for SIX days in a row....aaaagggghhhh. What's with that??

I'm working this cross stitch on white linen and using a pattern from Graeme Ross, called "Amethyst". This design is based on a poster by Alphonse Mucha, who I've mentioned here previously. My Mum happened upon the next pattern in the series of four - "Ruby" - at the op shop recently. Oh goody, another project for the never ending list....and apparently there is a third called "Emerald", with the fourth yet to be created.

I've already finished three of Ross' other Mucha designs, all based on Sarah Bernhardt theatre posters. Two are framed and hang in my hallway, and here's the last one, which I finished late last year. In need of a quick handwash and a press, and then off to the framer. It's called "La Tosca" and I think it took me about ten years to get around to finishing it. No joke.

To give you some idea of scale, these patterns end up being about 90cm x 40cm when framed. Yes, ambitious. And tedious. Not everyone's idea of fun, but I love the intricacy of it.

2 comments:

  1. Geezer, you are a cross stitch fiend! I love Alphonse Mucha, all those swirly bits, gold star Madame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love Mucha too! Ta for the gold star!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please say something noice!