Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Year, New Recycled Jewellery

Ok it's time for me to come clean with you guys. Yes, I've been keeping a secret for a while now. And it's time to out it, right here.
I'm working on a mini exhibition of recycled jewellery.  I hope it's going to be seen somewhere, sometime this year, but until then I'll be giving you all regular sneak peeks into what I'm making over the next few months.  So this is the first look at a couple of brooches, just had their little pins sewn on the back.


These exhibition pieces will all be made using plastic fish shaped soy sauce bottles, you know the ones you get with your take away sushi. There must be thousands, if not millions of these little bottles in the world. I'm taking it upon myself to make use of these little bits of pollution, lids and all.
Of course if you feel the need to donate your own used soy sauce bottles to the cause, I'd be only too willing to take them off your hands. The more the merrier. Emptied and rinsed is also much appreciated. Get in touch if you have any donations! info(*at*)mainichidesigndotcom

3 comments:

  1. happy new year, dearne! i love this idea; i eat sushi about twice a week and always despair at the little soy sauce fish....now i know where to send them. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dee! what a wonderful surprise to find you visited my blog-- and so now i've found yours and love love love your recycled pieces!! wonderfully inventive, modern and exciting. surely a great new addition. i love the use of the plastic fish!! we only have foil packets for our soy-- not nearly as inspiring..

    keep up the wonderful work and happiest 2010 to you!

    kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley
    please do send your fish my way! they will be put to good use.

    Hi Kathi!
    thanks for stopping by. foil packets are not nearly as much fun as plastic fish. maybe a bit more environ friendly though!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please say something noice!