Saturday, November 7, 2009

My place and yours

Well I was a little stumped as to what to choose for this week's theme over at Pip's blog, chosen by My Bricole.  It is "your secret weapon".  I thought and thought....maybe a tool I use in my sewing/craft adventures, maybe my sewing machine....but nah, not right, there must be something else, dare I say it, something NOT related to craft!?


Then I thought of this, my First Dan Black Belt in TaeKwonDo.  It is something that informs so many parts of my everyday life. The journey to earn this belt has given me many things: confidence, skills, strength, fitness, patience, stamina, stress relief to name but a few.  Pictured with my belt is a wooden board that I broke (yes, with my bare hands!) whilst it was being held by TKD Olympic Medallist in 2000, Lauren Burns (one of my heroes!) She has signed it with a few words that always manage to inspire me:

"What can be imagined, can be achieved - Dare to dream!"

I really think this little sentence has helped me achieve so much in my life, including starting my interior design business, starting Mainichi and home birthing a beautiful boy.  So, I say, go ahead and dream away my friends, for you never know where it can lead you.

14 comments:

  1. Oooo, it's like you are your own secret weapon. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow how impressive..a very handy weapon indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, now that's a secret weapon. Fantastic AND you can make your own kindling, with your bare hands. I am so super impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ... secret weapon is right ;) great post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great secret weapon, and most of all I like the inspiring words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing story, I love your secret weapon...Dare to Dream! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aahhh... I think I had the pleasure of witnessing that
    awesome moment when.... Wham...pleased to meet you miss burns! Dreams are to be achieved and you can prove that babe!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a gorgeous post! i loved reading about the importance of 'your secret weapon' - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. insightful and inspiring post. you obviously know your strengths. you go

    ReplyDelete
  10. A magic and impressive secret weapon!!!
    Wow:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is fantastic. I have met Lauren and she is certainly a really lovely, inspiring person. I think it's really great to have one of those little affirmations that you come back to when times are a bit tough. I have a few, I must admit, but yours is a really good one! I can not believe you whacked that board hard enough to break it. That's really amazing and makes the side of my hand hurt, just thinking about it! Great post! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone, your comments made me smile, giggle and belly laugh (yes that pine does make great kindling, Aussie!). So pleased I got to share! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh i love this, what an inspirational tale. you are your own secret weapon indeed. good to be reminded of that sometime i think.
    thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog - you should definitely dig out your camera - or at least think about it, that's good too you know!
    x sara

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please say something noice!