Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Saving faces and facades


These are some new creations, a bit of a departure from my usual work. Little felt faces worn as brooches. Fun for little people, or big. They shall be arriving at Craft Victoria sometime soon. Or you can email me if you are interested in one of these little darlin's info*at*mainichidesigndotcom.

The facade I speak of in the title of this post is LONSDALE HOUSE in Melbourne. There is a petition underway to save this iconic piece of streamlined Art Deco architecture from the demolition hammer. Please sign it. While I don't object to moving forward I do object to another piece of vanilla shopping centre architecture in our CBD. Please visit this site to read more and sign the petition here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please say something noice!