Thursday, July 16, 2009

Inside my studio space

Thought I'd give you a sneak peek into my studio, whilst I was hard at work finishing off a few things over the weekend. This is one of my "Shinzo 2" necklaces, created from felt circles stitched together with pompoms, rubber beads and leather thonging in between. They are tedious to make as I'm very pedantic about lining up the pompoms and leather and matching the lengths as much as I can. Clockwise from top left is:

1. Sewing machine with the second of the medallions being stitched on, other circles waiting patiently next to the machine for their turn to be added.
2. Same stage, different view, lots of stuff in the background ready for more making.
3. Detail of the medallion - I stitch the leather thonging and linen thread that holds the pompoms down first to secure it, then stitch the second circle of felt over the top.
4. The finished product in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please say something noice!