Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Out of Hibernation


I've been hibernating....actually after Easter it's been hard to get interested in the computer again! Over Easter we went to Ballarat and visited the Ballarat Regional Art Gallery to see an exhibition of photos of a man I have admired since I was a teenager, John Lennon. Unfortunately for those who did not get to see it, this exhibition of photographs never before seen in Australia, has closed. But the gallery still has in its collection some AMAZING modernist works created by Australian artists during the same era that Lennon worked his magic. It's so wonderful to see this quality of work at a regional art gallery.

Yesterday I took myself off to Chapel Street, Windsor to have a look around the op shops and secondhand stores. I've been in need of new mugs and have decided that I'm going to look for 1970's style pottery numbers. A whole $1.50 later and this is the start of my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please say something noice!